Withdrawal from the University

Students who find it necessary to withdraw from the University should complete the Cancellation/Withdrawal Form. Instructions for following the appropriate withdrawal procedure will be provided. This procedure is extremely important both to the student and to the University because course grades, refunds, bills, financial aid, and on-campus housing are involved. If students feel it necessary to withdraw from school, they are advised to do so before the deadline for dropping classes. To avoid establishing a record of failing grades, students should pay attention to this deadline.

A withdrawal within the first ten calendar days of the 16 week term is noted on the academic transcript with a withdrawal date only. A withdrawal after the ten day period records a “W” grade with each course listed, followed by the withdrawal date. Summer session withdrawal information can be found in the summer bulletin.